
Hello.
Home sweet new home! The last time I updated you guys about my big move, I was leaving a very peaceful, high ceiling, chinese painting filled seasons park home and moving into a HDB apartment a few blocks behind. The pool view I used to overlook is now some dodgy-looking carpark and 'my' room is now a 'our' room (sharing room with sister soh). Renovations have been going on for quite some time now and we have been visiting the place pretty regularly. From the look of our faces every visit, I feel we are already feeling attached to the place even before living in it.
The renovation project has been a family effort - Dad as the money provider, Mom the bargain queen, Aunty Joy as the cheerleader, Gladys as the anything girl, Kimberly as the 'I hate my room' angsty teenager, Jolin as the no brainer kid running around screaming and Me the style complainer, we have been working hard these two months towards our dream Soh family home.
Every weekend I take part in our trips to those quaint light fixture and tile stores.Its funny watching our Soh family home design team set forth, with Dad standing at the side trying to look serious, Gladys and I walking around and discussing about the design, Mom using her bargaining power (which is so amazing that sometimes I wonder if she's really a mutant), Kimberly chanting "I hate my roooom!" and "Eeee," Aunty Joy grabbing my arm and squealing "So niiiice!" and of course, Jolin running around annoying us (and usually ends up being scolded by Dad hahaha).
Hahah, Dad. Sorry for being rude but I think Dad is a loser. He's seriously a funny character. He keeps preaching to all of us that he is the alpha-male-sole-provider and saying things in rude tones like "Eh, I'm paying it so you all shut up." But everyone knows he is a good father and vulnerable to Mom's power.
Kids: Dad! This black one is nice.
Dad: No. It's very expensive. You all don't know anything, shut up.
Shawn: Mom, I like the black one.
Mom: Nee ah, the black one....
Dad: *walks to the cashier*
And so, we conclude that Mom is the ultimate power queen that we all must worship (or suffer the ugly fate of her aura).
So I am going back to camp later and the rest of the Sohs is slaving this tuesday to move our stuff in. The place isn't finished yet but I guess this is a project will never be 'finished'. At my next book out I will be heading to Home; Ang Moh Kio Ave 9, Block 622, here I come! (I lub chu. Supa X-cited! Hapi worhz!)

<< Home